My Introduction to the Invisible World of Eco-Pollution
by Susan Arima
 
     Wireless devices use radio frequency radiation (RFR) and microwave radiation to transmit their signals. They are invisible emissions used by cell phones, cordless phones, iPads, computers, baby monitors, etc.
 
     I was literally burned by the wireless router installed in my office. I finally decided to have my office set up for Wi-Fi. A router was placed on top of the computer tower which was located under my desk. Over the course of a week, the right side of my face started breaking out in what appeared to be a rash. I was in the middle of a fast and thought it was a detox symptom. However, it felt different than other detoxification symptoms and my face was the only affected area. It continued to worsen and by the seventh day, I felt toxic, tired and "fried."   I was talking with a naturopathic colleague during this time who said my face looked like it was burned and gave me a homeopathic remedy to try.
 
 
 
 
 
      Shortly after this, I was led to peruse through a 300-page presentation that I was unable to attend while waiting for my daughter to get out of school. This is where I "happened" to read: "Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity is a phenomenon where individuals experience adverse health effects while using or being in the vicinity of devices emanating electric, magnetic or electromagnetic fields (EMFS).  Whatever its cause, EHS is a real and sometimes a debilitating problem for the affected persons. Their exposures are generally several orders of magnitude under the limits in internationally accepted standards."
 
     This information explained my mysterious rash/burn on the side of my face! I turned the router off and contacted a colleague and friend who is the editor of the Women's Health Newsletter. She immediately sent me an article she had recently written about electromagnetic frequencies, offered advice on what to do and also recommended the book "Zapped!" by Ann Louise Gittleman. This book, along further research, explained what was happening in more detail and I learned various ways to detox and protect myself from this new health hazard (aka eco-smog, electropollution).
 
    Dr. George Carlo, PhD, JD, an epidemiologist and medical scientist who, from 1993 to 1999 headed the first telecommunications industry-backed studies into the dangers of cell phone use,  has warned that people who use protective devices tend to think they are protected and don't use caution with wireless technology.   This is what I had done.  I had protective stickers on my cellphone and computer, a negative ion generator by my computer and I was wearing a pendent that claimed to "protect" me from these dangerous emissions.  So much for that useless stuff.
 
    The external burns from my Wi-Fi router were quick to heal, but the fatigue, headaches, and other symptoms took longer.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Note:  Susan's body gave her the same useful information as that described by Dr. Martin L. Pall, Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Science at Washington State University. Read below his 2017 paper regarding the known and well-documented health hazards of Wi-Fi radiation.